Inderal-LA and/or Equivalents
|Drug||Related Drug Names|
|Inderal-LA 60mg and/or Equivalents||Inderal-LA|
|Inderal-LA 80mg and/or Equivalents||Inderal-LA|
|Inderal-LA 120mg and/or Equivalents||Inderal-LA|
|Inderal-LA 160mg and/or Equivalents||Inderal-LA|
Inderal LA is a medicine used to treat patients with high blood pressure. It is a medicine that belongs to the category of beta blockers. The medicine consists of propranolol, an ingredient used to treat various heart problems. In simple terms, it relaxes the blood vessels, lowering pressure on the heart. It is ia drug usually prescribed to middle aged and older people and cannot be used on children. The drug is used mainly for treating severe heart ailments but it is not known to act as a cure. It can at most prevent future risk of disease.
Conditions Treated by Inderal-LA
a.) Typical dosage recommendations
The drug is often prescribed by doctors to treat patients with high blood pressure. However the propranolol in the drug helps to treat various other medical conditions too like migraine, chest pain and abnormal heart rhythms. The drug is also prescribed to patients who have recovered from heart attacks, in an attempt to prevent the risk of another heart attack. However, a doctor may decide to prescribe this drug for other health problems too. If your symptoms or illness do not figure in this list, check with your doctor regarding any doubts you may have.
b.) Missing a dose
The medicine is used to treat serious diseases and it is therefore important to take the medication regularly and follow every instruction the doctor has given. However if you happen to miss a dose, contact you doctor immediately but do not make the mistake of having an extra pill to make up for the missed dose. Depending on your medical condition the doctor will advise you on what to do next.
A drug overdose can be caused by consuming more than the required quantity at a given time. If you have overdosed on this medicine, you must contact your nearest hospital or doctor immediately. Depending on the symptoms you exerience, a professional will be able to tell you what to do next. The following symptoms indicate an overdose: sudden and extreme fatigue, nausea, difficulty breathing, sudden fall in bloode pressure, low blood sugar, weakness. If you experience either one of all of the symptoms it is important to contact a doctor. Overdose of a serious drug like Inderal-LA may result in loss of life or coma.
This medicine is used to treat severe health problems or to prevent them. but like all medications it is always better to take precautions. If you have any doubts, it is safer to talk to your doctor before starting the medication.
- It is not advisable to start meidcation without checking to see if you are allergic to the base ingredient - propranolol. Furthermore, if you are allergic to any other medication or ingredient, share the details with your doctor. Your doctor will be able to decide accordingly if you will react positively to the drug or not.
- If you suffer from low heart rates or fluctuating heart rates do not start the medication.
- If you suffer from constant flu and have had bronchitis in the past then avoid the medication.
- If you suffer from any respiratory disease or lung problems then avoid the medicine at all costs. This is an especially important warning for asthma patients. Medication used to treat asthma and Inderal-LA had together can cause severe damage in the body.
- If you are on any kind of blood sugar medicine then it is best to avoid Inderal-LA. Diabetic patients should ask their doctors to prescribe another drug in place of Inderal-LA
- If you have a new born baby, avoid taking the medicine because the ingredients pass onto the baby’s food
- Pregnant women may be at risk if they take the drug, however depending on the patient’s case and history the doctor is the best to decide if a pregnant patient can have the medicine or not.
- If you suffer from Hyperthyroid then avoid the medicine at all costs until your hyperthyroid is completely healed.
Inderal-LA Side Effects
It isn’t uncommon for regular use of a drug to cause side effects in the body. However, it is important to know that not every patient suffers from the same side effect or extent of it. Furthermore, a lot depends on what you are being treated for and how severe your illness is. A few common side effects of Inderal-LA are slight dizziness, headache, minor skin rashes and weakness, drowsiness, vomiting. These effects are common in patients who have just begun the medication. However it is best to contact your doctor if you experience one or all of these side effects. Sometimes it may not be serious, it could just be that your body is getting used to the medicine. However, it is always best to seek medical advice when in doubt. After prolonged use of the medicine additional side effects may be- back aches, chest pain, difficulty breathing, hallucinations, changes in heart rate, swelling of ankles or feet, unusual and unexplained bleeding. The extent of the side effect will determine if you need to be hospitalized or not. Contact your doctor immediately for further advice. Always remember - you cannot stop taking the medication if you experience any discomfort. You must check with your doctor first before taking any kind of action.
Inderal-LA Drug Interactions
Several drugs could inderact with Inderal-LA. The common ones are:
- Anti-diabetes medicines
- Asthma medications
- Calcium medications
- Low blood pressure medicines
If you have any questions about buying discount Inderal-LA online or any other prescription products you can contact our team of professional Patient Service Representatives or one of our pharmacists 24-7 by calling 1-800-226-3784.
Notice: The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.